|| EVERYTHING AROUND US CAPTURED ON CANVAS
Vanessa Pomeroy trained in Fine art at
Newcastle University, and subsequently at the University of Bologna
having won an Italian government postgraduate scholarship. She
has exhibited widely, nationally, in London, and in Italy, and
in Herefordshire. Her work is in private collections nationally,
and in the United States. Her multi talented output reflects her
search for an underlying permanent structure. Landscape Paintings
of broad panoramas are a celebration of vital colour, dynamic
sculptural perspective, and carefully considered design. Her paintings
range from well considered compositions expressing poise and stature,
to dramatic passionate scenes, employing vibrant light and colour.
Her drawing expresses grace and strength of line and rhythm, combining
botanical accuracy with life and vitality.
She has taught and lectured in the field
of art and design, sculpture, and the history of art. Teaching
has included school, college and adult tuition.
Freelance design work has included specific
interior design commissions, graphic design for a recording company,
decoration for a harpsichord with flower painting, and garden
(landscape) design .
- 06 Hay festival Independent Exhibiton
- 04 Courtyard Centre for the Arts - Hereford
- 01/05 H.Art Open Studio/H.Art Open Exhibition
- 97 Carousel gallery nr.Bristol
- 95/96 Parkview Fine Paintings Bristol
- 93/94 Andrew Usiskin, London
- 90 Patricia Wells Gallery, Thornbury
- Portrait drawing Bournemouth international Music festival:
- Sir Yehudi Menuhin, '91(purchased by Abbey Life for presentation
to David Mellor MP)
- Sir Charles Groves '91.
- Portrait bronze commissions include:
- Portrait commission for Mrs. Bloomer Caitlin '01
- Portrait commission for Mrs. Carter, Robyn, Jamsie, Micheal
- Works purchased at auction:
- Auction for the Florence trust, Figurative drawing sold to Hon
C Allsop Chairman of Christies.
- Bronze portrait of Ghislaine Thesmar (2nd Copy) sold to G. Roffe
in aid of the Dancers trust